Crista K.

Crista K.

Share us

Although we had moved from Newport Beach to San Clemente a year and a half ago, we were still going up to our original Vet (who we loved) in Corona Del Mar. We had a life or death emergency recently where our two year old pug ingested rat poison and threw up his entire insides and at one point, started bleeding from both ends. We were forced to pick a local vet at random from google and THANK GOD WE CHOSE SAN CLEMENTE VETERINARY HOSPITAL!!! They took him in right away and were amazing with their knowledge, kindness, willingness to work on our dog immediately without yet knowing what the problem was. They have very sophisticated on-site technology, and highly advanced testing at their finger tips. They had certain suspicions based on experience that we had not even thought of. They immediately began vitamin K, but also became aware that his blood was not clotting, hence the bleeding from all over the place. Because of their swift actions and thinking, they literally saved our little guys life and we truly can’t say enough good things about their entire staff and their amazing Doctors!!! Any other place would have forced us to go to a specialty emergency clinic, during rush hour, costing us valuable time that would probably have resulted in our beloved pugs death. The Doctors and staff couldn’t have been nicer to us and worked on him past their closing time, making sure he was stable enough to take him to the over night Animal Urgent Care in Mission Viejo. He received 2 plasma transfusions (these were life saving measures as well.) The Doctors at Animal Urgent Care and the Doctors from SAN CLEMENTE VET HOSPITAL spoke with each other back and fourth on the phone for well over 30 minutes at a time on multiple occasions trying to figure out the best treatment plan. Not only were they on the phone with each other, they were calling us in real time with frequent updates. The Dr.’s themselves were calling us.. not just once or twice, a multitude of times! This near tragedy happened nearly three weeks ago now, and our dogs liver count numbers are completely normal! I just received a detailed call from Dr. Habekost 2 days ago! You can tell the difference when someone actually cares about your pet vs pretending to care. THESE PEOPLE CARE! This was a whole new experience for us. I have never been treated with such kindness or compassion, not even by my own Physician, much less for my sweet pug! Our dog is best friends with our 15 month old son and this would have devastated our entire family. Our little Buddha-Lou is a huge part of our family! I don’t know if I could ever thank them enough.. Our Buddha-Lou is now excited every time we take him to their office for a follow up blood test or boarding. It’s as if he knows what they did for him! During our terrifying ordeal where we were in the SC VET Hospital daily, one of the doctors (Dr. Habekost) returned from her weekend and told me that she had dreams about him and was up late thinking about him….. SERIOUSLY??? How can any Vet’s office be so great??? As I said at the beginning of this review, we still think very highly of our Corona Del Mar Vet’s but will be going to SC VET Hospital from now on… Dr. Habekost & Dr. Agonstini and all of your staff THANK YOU FOR SAVING OUR BELOVED BUDDHA-LOU’S LIFE!!! I don’t care where you live in Orange County or even San Diego County. If you truly want the best care for your beloved pet by people who love what they do, I would strongly advise you to take them to SC Vet Hospital.